If something doesn’t last, or is shorter lived than you had hoped, was it still worthwhile? I know most people define important life relationships or chapters by how long they were able to experience them, but really, isn’t it sometimes more meaningful to have had and lost, than to have taken those things for granted…or to have not had them at all in the first place? It’s easy to think that we have failed at something when it’s no longer ours or if it’s taken away prematurely, but I think it is quite the opposite. We never leave an experience without taking something away from it – what we do, what happens to us, and who we are around defines our life. You are never the same after each new moment, each heartache, each joy. Nothing is ever truly ours, and there is such beauty in that. It’s also a source of anxiety and stress for some, especially when you realize that the people you love the most can be taken away at any moment. But then I think – if I die, what would I want the people I love the most to feel? I would want them to celebrate my existence and remember me with happiness, not look back with sorrow. It makes no sense that someone you love would want you to be sad, especially when remembering them. I think this way of coping should be applied to other areas of life where we experience loss or significant change – that maybe we should be grateful for the lessons and love they leave behind. With that being said though, I do believe in owning the feelings that you have deep down inside. If you feel sadness, anger or jealousy then there is usually a source for that. The real challenge is finding it and figuring out why it’s there. Sometimes it’s insecurity, sometimes it’s fear based. However, you can’t fix it until you find it. Those deep-rooted emotions can be ugly to discover and get rid of, but it’s possible. It’s important to remember that your purpose is to find peace, joy and love…then be open to receiving it when you are lucky enough to stumble upon it.
- @ATL_Events also- I am here until Monday if you guys can hang at some point! cc @deets 1 hour ago
- @ATL_Events just got done with @Yard54, heading to jazz fest in an hour or two! friends from Bham heading in... 1 hour ago
- thank you!! :D @TheHillHangout: @thejenwestquest Hey, Jen! Loved your article with @AlabamaFood! 1 hour ago
- RT @Yard54: chalk board by @thejenwestquest #yard54 @ Yard 54 instagram.com/p/ZvrAmcD0Xr/ 1 hour ago
- this weekend just got real. #crawdaddies #yard54 #lowcountryboil @iamjamesmartin @rawleafraser @yard54… instagram.com/p/ZvdDc9Hl0h/ 3 hours ago
- low country boil!! about to get goin'... @yard54 @iamjamesmartin @rawleafraser #yard54 (@ Yard 54) [pic]: 4sq.com/10ZYKeb 4 hours ago
- @ATL_Events so happy to be here!! what are your memorial plans?? 6 hours ago