Negative emotions are heavy to carry around: sadness, jealousy, insecurity, hatred, anger, loneliness. Having people around you who carry those burdens are almost equally as cumbersome. It is so important that when you’ve reached a state of healthy well-being, that you take care to keep that balance in other parts of your life as well. Of course, we all go through life events and happenings that require healing and time. But there is a difference in wanting to feel better and just dwelling in misery. Surround yourself with people who have a common goal – to live the best life possible. How do you lighten your spirit? By letting go of negative emotions. I think sometimes that negativity is a form of self-protection, that you can’t be hurt if you are already prepared for it. That if you already realize the faults, then they can’t come up and surprise you later on. I know this to be true because I’ve done it myself from time to time…and I’m one of the most positive people you’ll ever meet. It’s easy to take the low road and give up, as staying optimistic is an ongoing effort and takes practice. Optimism is a habit that I’m glad to have, it’s almost a default emotion for me now. James has told me many times that I say, “It’s going to be OK” repeatedly in less than desirable situations. And while it might not always be OK, at least I give it the chance to be. So a thought and lesson for myself, and maybe even you, today is this: Let go of the negativity. It doesn’t do any good. Be open to positive change. Be open to being happy!
- homemade dinner by @iamjamesmartin in our target calorie range...an awesome kickoff to the weekend! 59 minutes ago
- OMG!!! hahaha <3 RT @yougotrossed Even Nigel is a huge fan of @thejenwestquest. :) #everyonelovesanangel @B_metro instagram.com/p/ZtHfkNq5hm/ 7 hours ago
- CONGRATS @Rebecca_Pugh - 100% FUNDED!!! 7 hours ago
- impromptu mini bubble reunion! @alligatorsister @laurendsharp kellysteffey @ Octane Coffee instagram.com/p/Zs8lGqnlyr/ 9 hours ago
- @joe_walker_vfx indeed!! can't wait! 10 hours ago
- RT @joe_walker_vfx: We're now only $300 shy of our goal with 15 hours left!!!! igg.me/at/behindme/cs… #supportindiefilm THANKS EVERYONE!!! 10 hours ago
- @joe_walker_vfx you guys are going to make it!!! 10 hours ago