Negative emotions are heavy to carry around: sadness, jealousy, insecurity, hatred, anger, loneliness. Having people around you who carry those burdens are almost equally as cumbersome. It is so important that when you’ve reached a state of healthy well-being, that you take care to keep that balance in other parts of your life as well. Of course, we all go through life events and happenings that require healing and time. But there is a difference in wanting to feel better and just dwelling in misery. Surround yourself with people who have a common goal – to live the best life possible. How do you lighten your spirit? By letting go of negative emotions. I think sometimes that negativity is a form of self-protection, that you can’t be hurt if you are already prepared for it. That if you already realize the faults, then they can’t come up and surprise you later on. I know this to be true because I’ve done it myself from time to time…and I’m one of the most positive people you’ll ever meet. It’s easy to take the low road and give up, as staying optimistic is an ongoing effort and takes practice. Optimism is a habit that I’m glad to have, it’s almost a default emotion for me now. James has told me many times that I say, “It’s going to be OK” repeatedly in less than desirable situations. And while it might not always be OK, at least I give it the chance to be. So a thought and lesson for myself, and maybe even you, today is this: Let go of the negativity. It doesn’t do any good. Be open to positive change. Be open to being happy!
- Painting Eldon this weekend! (@ Alabama Auto Top Specialist in Birmingham, AL w/ @iamjamesmartin) swarmapp.com/c/h9DXAulRcYZ 4 hours ago
- Our new friend, Gnat. Day 100 of the #217quest. @ Atlanta, Georgia instagram.com/p/BTKyOz8gkul/ 6 days ago
- Celebrating @ATL_Events's birthday with our traditional walk, dinner, and conversation. Day 99… instagram.com/p/BTFozmyAgRu/ 1 week ago
- Homemade crepes with some special folks this morning, a five mile walk with this pup, and… instagram.com/p/BS9uUW7ATnV/ 1 week ago
- A big fat fun day with my bro @alautotopspec and boo @iamjamesmartin. Day 97 of the #217quest. @… instagram.com/p/BS7cX5ggjPT/ 1 week ago
- #Furenzekitty snuggling with her favorite toy mouse. Day 96 of the #217quest. @ Atlanta, Georgia instagram.com/p/BS42IPJgVpM/ 1 week ago
- Atlanta skyline taken by @iamjamesmartin. Day 95 of the #217quest. @ Atlanta, Georgia instagram.com/p/BS2K8KqAUx1/ 2 weeks ago